The first rule of torrenting is....you don't talk about torrenting. Torrenting is utilizing a protocol known as "Bittorrent." Bittorrent, instead of having you connect to one server to download material, bittorent has others upload the information straight to you. This means that speed depends on the "seed"(uploader) to "leech"(downloaders/a-holes who don't upload and hog the data. a torrent with no seeders does no longer exist.
step1- torrent client
Torrenting requires use of a special client. I use utorrent 3.0 as utorrent is extremely low on resource consumption and the 3.0 release is pure awesomeness. others are vuze, transmission, and others with low market shares.
1. download and install utorrent
2. run a google search for (we are currently looking for a movie ) "movie avi xvid torrent." "movie" is the name of the material I want, "avi" is the most secure format for video, "xvid" is a codec(optional) to make the video a smaller file, and "torrent" is what makes a torrent as opposed to a normal download
3. good torrent sites include torrentz.eu which only points to other torrent sites and is a search engine in it's own right, The pirate bay, which a standard torrent site, and my favorite which is Kickass torrents, which is like the pirate bay, only in my opinion, better.
4. read all the reviews, comments, like/dislike stats, etc. this will prevent a malware infection
5. when you are at the torrent page you want either click on the magnet link icon to open the torrent immediately or download the .torrent file and open that in utorrent.
6. the torrent should begin downloading. allocate high bandwidth to slow torrents and lower to faster torrents when downloading many at once, however if there is only one or two torrents assign them both high bandwidth to speed them up some.
- I am not responsible for how you use this. although you probably won't be arrested if you download some copyrighted material, i do not, therefore it's your problem with the police/feds
- I am not responsible for any malware obtained t=from torrenting. if you follow my directions and be careful, however you should be fine
- to enhance your privacy get peerblock and/or a vpn that supports P2P and/or bittorrent
-I was not sponsored
- mov and mkv are other secure video formats. pdf, doc, ppt, xls, txt(medium security), mp4, mp3, wmv, and wma are extremely insecure
- Have fun